Viva composing women
Join the video competition Musique est une Femme
When we talk about classic composers, people often think of names as Bach, Chopin, Vivaldi or Shubert. But does anybody ever talk about female grandmasters, like Clara Schumann, Hildegard van Bingen or Isabella Leonarda?
Musique est une femme
Musique est une femme is a European project that aims to give female composers from before the 20th century the spotlight they deserve. Do you share that opinion?
Let us hear from you! Send a short film or meme about this theme before April 5th 2020 and you could win eternal fame and great cash prizes. Good luck!
Musique est une femme is a project which aims to reinforce this process. It is a joint initiative by the foundation TAK-Temat Aktualny Kultura /Poland, Handelsbeurs Concert Hall/Belgium, Molyvos International Music Festival/Greece, and the Cēsis Concert Hall/Latvia.
Join the video competition
Our first step is to launch a short video competition.
- Express your opinion in the form of a short video, or just a meme.
- It can be a look at the stereotypes, or you could give your impressions upon discovering a great female composer, or you might focus on some interesting details of her life. Decide on your own form and content.
- The only condition is that the topic must be the heritage of women composers and/or stereotypes around the composing capabilities of women.
- Send in your video before the 5th of april
The following prizes are available
- the public prize 650 € (the winner will be selected in the online voting)
- the first prize 550 €
- the second prize 450 €
- the third prize 350 €