Thanks to musicians such as Rabih Abou-Khalil, the Arabic lute or oud also sounds familiar in these regions. In addition, he makes the link between Western and Eastern musical traditions, because he invariably combines them in a manner that is as virtuoso as it is seamless. Jazz, the Arabic tradition and much more in a compelling and fiery alliance.
Safety first during corona
The Handelsbeurs opens its doors again.
Please take into account the rules below during your visit.
- Keep your distance and disinfect your hands.
- Don't forget your mouth mask, even during the concert.
- Come on time because the timing is strict.
- Show up with your bubble.
- Are you ill? Then stay home.
Livestreams via Sound of Ghent
The Handelsbeurs focuses on ambitious live streams via Sound of Ghent, a platform we developed ourselves.
We look beyond the classical concert registration, with creative collaborations between band and director.