Cirq plays the Russian Revolution
One hundred years ago the Russian Revolution took place between February and October 1917. An event that changed the world.
Fifteen years ago the Handelsbeurs was resurrected on the Kouter in Ghent. An event that changed the city’s music scene. Now you can storm the building from the square and throw yourself into a dazzling victory celebration, Russian style.
On Kouter square
Spend the afternoon on the square while being animated by the team of CirQ in an old school Russian atmosphere.
- Chop some wood and get it burned with a 15 years stamp in the forge.
- Make banners for the revolution in the screen printing atelier.
- Peel some potatoes to make vodka.
- Eat Russian specialties and have some pig on a spit.
- Die Verdammte Spielerei plays Russian sing along songs, opera singer Natalia Avanova sings her heart out and ensemble Urga plays Russian traditionals.
After you storm the building
Celebrate inside Handelsbeurs with Russian music:
20u Iva Nova
21u05 Otava Yo
23u40 Dj duo Cosy Cozy
In the framework of 15 years of Handelsbeurs, in association with Cirq
Discount formula for regulary visitors
Starting from 4 concerts, you receive a discount.