Denk Zorg: 'Alles gaat voorbij. Maar niets gaat over.' ◉ livestream
This is an online event.
Today's thinkers about tomorrow's health
Denk Zorg is a series of events that brings together sharp opinions on stage.
Healthcare providers, scientists, opinion formers and artists dissect the medical-ethical dilemmas in human life and confront us with the big questions of our time. In words, music and images.
These events will take place entirely in Dutch. No simultaneous translation is provided.
Medicine, science and society in times of pandemic
- Steven Callens
- Marjan Doom
- Eva Van Braeckel
- Paul Verhaeghe
- Violinist Shalan Alhamwy from Syria and Belgian accordionist Jonas Malfliet together form Damast Duo. The damask fabric comes from Damascus and has become very popular in Europe throughout history. This cultural exchange can also be found in the duo. Shalan received classical training in the violin, but also mastered Arabic traditional music. Jonas feels at home in many styles through traveling and international music internships. In 2018 they recorded their first album Safar, on which they make a musical journey from Syria to Belgium. They will soon release their new CD: Birds of Passage.
- Steven Callens, hoofd van de dienst Algemene inwendige ziekten en infectieziekten in het UZ Gent
- Marjan Doom, directeur van het Gents Universiteitsmuseum
- Eva Van Braeckel, longarts en hoofd van de corona-afdeling in het UZ Gent
- Paul Verhaeghe, klinisch psycholoog en psychoanalyticus (UGent)
- Muziek van Damast Duo (violist Shalan Alhamwy en accordeonist Jonas Malfliet)
Safety first during corona
The Handelsbeurs opens its doors again.
Please take into account the rules below during your visit.
- Keep your distance and disinfect your hands.
- Don't forget your mouth mask, even during the concert.
- Come on time because the timing is strict.
- Show up with your bubble.
- Are you ill? Then stay home.
Livestreams via Sound of Ghent
The Handelsbeurs focuses on ambitious live streams via Sound of Ghent, a platform we developed ourselves.
We look beyond the classical concert registration, with creative collaborations between band and director.