New album Saturday Moon
In addition to her work at Isbells, Chantal Acda has also built up a cast-iron reputation within the indie scene as a solo artist. She is praised both nationally and internationally and has accumulated collaborations with musicians such as Nils Frahm and Peter Broderick. She presents the new pearl Saturday Moon, again accompanied by an impressive group of friends.
Saturday Moon (Glitterhouse) had to be small and intimate; songs with stories from all of us, recorded with a single microphone in the room. It couldn't be that difficult in a lockdown. Still, in all her enthusiasm it has failed quite a bit.
Expect a colorful plate with contributions from a.o.
- Borgar Magnason (Sigur Rós, Damien Rice),
- Alan Sparhawk and Mimi Parker (Low)
- Madeena Dicko and Sylvie Nawasadio (ex-Zap Mama).
- Eric Thielemans, Niels van Heertum and Alan Gevaert (dEUS),
- Bill Frisell and Shahzad Ismaily (Marc Ribot, Tom Waits)
You can hear it: the idea of the single microphone was quickly shelved. And a good thing too. Saturday Moon is one to look forward to in 2021.
photo © Jurgen Augusteyns
Safety first during corona
The Handelsbeurs opens its doors again.
Please take into account the rules below during your visit.
- Keep your distance and disinfect your hands.
- Don't forget your mouth mask, even during the concert.
- Come on time because the timing is strict.
- Show up with your bubble.
- Are you ill? Then stay home.
Livestreams via Sound of Ghent
The Handelsbeurs focuses on ambitious live streams via Sound of Ghent, a platform we developed ourselves.
We look beyond the classical concert registration, with creative collaborations between band and director.